THE BULLETIN BOARD
- SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR ALL, 9:45 AM
The Sunday School schedule is HERE.
Starting March 2: “24 Hours that Changed the World” will be the featured series in the adult Sunday school class. Info Link
Sunday at 2 PM: The morning worship is broadcast on local cable channel 5 each week.
- We are seeking additional adults and older youth willing to be trained as video operators and serve on a rotating basis. Please sign up in the vestibule if you are interested.
- An automatic external defibrillator has been installed in the choir room. We are in the process of scheduling a training session in its use. All interested members will be invited to attend and become certified in both the AED and CPR.
- Many thanks to all who have made pledges to support our church in 2014. Offering envelopes are in the vestibule. If you have not already, please consider making a pledge of financial support to the church. Information is available in the Order of Service section.
Winter ~ Spring Church Events Calendar
- Sunday School (9:45 am each Sunday)
- Choir rehearseal: Wednesdays, 7 pm
- March 10, 7 pm
Stress Reduction Class, session 2
- March 11, 6:30 pm
- March 17, 7 pm
Stress Reduction Class, session 3
- March 24, 7 pm
Stress Reduction Class, session 4
- March 30
Children and youth lead the worship service (Info: Carter Owens)
- April 13 Palm Sunday
- April 21, 7 pm
Stress Reduction Class, session 5
- April 17 Maundy Thursday
- April 18 Good Friday
- April 20 Easter Sunday
Stress Reduction Class Details
- Leader: Deb Faires
- * March 6 Update: Because of weather concerns, the March 3 class was not held. Thus, the March 10 class will be Session 2. It's not too late to begin now!
6 class meetings, approximately 1 hour each. Monday evenings, starting February 24 at 7:00 PM. There will be 5 classes on consecutive Monday evenings, Feb 24, March 3* ,10,17,24, and then a wrap up class on April 21, after participants have had the chance to practice the skills learned during class for a full 8 weeks.
The fast paced world we live in stresses our minds and bodies, which can have many harmful effects on our health. This course will teach the participants a practical way to counteract the negative effects of stress on their bodies and minds by introducing them to the concept of Mindfulness. Simple to learn, Mindfulness can be practiced in a variety of formal and informal ways. During the course, we will directly experience many of these. We will also have group discussions and activities that help the participants more fully understand this concept and how it can help them reduce the effects of stress and achieve happiness and wellbeing.
Just like training our muscles through exercise to become stronger, we train our brains through meditation to become more mindful. Just like exercise, it takes regular practice for meditation to strengthen Mindfulness. When we become more mindful, we become fully awake to all that life offers and allows us to make more conscious choices that bring positive effects to our lives. Practicing meditation regularly is far from dull and boring. This class will give the participants a taste of this practice and hopefully inspire them to develop a sustained practice, at least on some level.
FREE to anyone in the community who wants to join us. Suggested age for this class is High School to 110. Wear comfortable loose fitting clothes and bring a mat or towel if you like, and maybe a blanket, since when we relax, we sometimes get cold.